RE: insert data in to columns base on the selection of the list box.

Thank you for your corroboration.
  Maybe my question wasn?t clear. What I need to do is:
  1- I have a table in mysql with column1(Last Name), column2(address), column3(phone Number), column4(job), column5(favorite food)
  2- I have created a while loop to populate the list box in my webpage.
  3- I have created text fields for address and phone Number in my webpage.
  4- The list box will be populated with column1 (Last Name) of all the users registered in my database.
  5- Let?s say one of the users want to change (update) his/her address, phone Number. He/she will choose the Last Name from the dropdown menu (list box)
  6- he/she will fill the field in the page for address, phone Number with the new information.
  7- The user will hit submit to update (change) the information in the database (mysql)

  If this is not clear enough, I will try to post my code.

Bill Bolte <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  When you say "update in to column2, column3..." are you referring to the
list boxes or database tables?

If it's the list boxes, are you wanting this to happen on the client
side? Or are you putting the data all out at once?