Re: LDAP and IIS 6

Zeb,

I should have been more complete.  LDAP is working.  I am trying to upgrade
for security reasons from a working setup.  I recently also upgraded PHP to
5.2.1, though everything else seems to be working fine.

I agree, the error message does list ldap_start_tls which is a command I
haven't used in the past.  That is what made me wonder if it is not included
by default in the Windows version of LDAP or require me to recompile with
the SASL option.  Before, I was simply binding without the certificate
requirements.  Simple binding to a different ldap host still works.  I
shortened the code and do give the full paths to the crts.

I don't know if there is another LDAP box I can try tls on, but I will use
your suggestion next.

Thank you,
Diana
Diana Sartorius   dsartori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   206.543.7263
227 Hall Health Center   Box 354400   U of WA
Seattle, WA 98195-4400

""Bowden, Zeb"" <zbowden@xxxxxx> wrote in message
Can you turn off SASL binding on your ldap server or try contacting
another ldap server w/ tls just to make sure that's not your issue? I've
had trouble in the past when I didn't specify the full path to the
certificate or ldaprc file.

It looks like you're failing at the ldap_start_tls() and not the
ldap_sasl_bind(...,"EXTERNAL") but that could just be a bad error
message.

Just an idea .. I've not actually done a SASL bind from PHP/IIS :)

-zeb