FAO Dmitry - proc_open() update

Not sure if this mailing list is the best place to ask you a question
Dmitry?

I noticed in the latest version of PHP 5 (5.2.1) you have fixed an issue
that has been causing us real problems:

"Improved proc_open(). Now on Windows it can run external commands not
through CMD.EXE. (Dmitry)"

We have not been able to run certain executables we have wanted to on
our windows web servers because of the issue of opening a security hole
by altering permissions on cmd.exe, and it looks like you have fixed the
problem.

Unfortunately we use PHP 4, and I was sad to see in the latest version
of PHP 4 (4.4.5), released 6 days after the above the fix has not been
applied.

Can you tell me if this fix is ever going to happen for PHP 4?

Thanks.

the system manager.