RE: SSL on Windows Server 2003

Thanks
Thanks for your reply - your explaination cleared up my
misunderstanding.

Now, would you or anybody else know why X-Cart is not detecting OpenSSL
as an installed HTTPS module when I did install it on our webserver (I
used a precompiled windows binary) and added the "bin" directory to the
windows PATH system variable and verified that the "OPENSSL_CONF" system
var was created and points to the "openssl.cnf" file in the "bin"
directory?

I can issue commands at a command prompt successfully:
C:\Any Dir>openssl  version
OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sept 2006

C:\Any Dir>openssl s_client -connect www.openssl.org:443
[I am connected]

GET / HTTP/1.0<enter><enter>

I get the home page source code returned.

Seems to be working on the server end.

Any ideas or other areas to investigate within PHP (OpenSSL support is
enabled in php.ini) :)

Thanks.

Ken Vandegrift
kvandegrift@xxxxxxxxxx