Re: php installed on IIS: changes to php.ini not taking affect

I had a similar issue a couple years ago when I was running Apache/PHP on a Windows box at a previous job.  The information below helped.  Check all the locations (regardless of what PHP is reporting it's using for php.ini's path).  Try making some simple change that will show up on phpinfo().  You should find it eventually.

Good luck!

-TG

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php

"php.ini is searched in these locations (in order):

* SAPI module specific location (PHPIniDir directive in Apache 2, -c command line option in CGI and CLI, php_ini parameter in NSAPI, PHP_INI_PATH environment variable in THTTPD)
* The PHPRC environment variable. Before PHP 5.2.0 this was checked after the registry key mentioned below.
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\IniFilePath (Windows Registry location)
* Current working directory (for CLI)
* The web server's directory (for SAPI modules), or directory of PHP (otherwise in Windows)
* Windows directory (C:\windows or C:\winnt) (for Windows), or --with-config-file-path compile time option"