Re: windows path problem: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

 Can you locate the included file via absolute path? I.E. "/folder2/someclass.php"

 Tryst

 -----Original Message-----
 From: jazzyy@xxxxxxxxx
 To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 9.53PM
 Subject:  windows path problem: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

  Hi list

 I have a problem that I simply cannot understand and that is literaly
 driving me mad!

 I am using xampp on a windows XP professional with SP2. I have a site
 structure similar to this in htdocs:

 + site_name
 + classes
 + folder1
 + folder2
 + ... other folders
 - .htaccess
 - .. other files

 Now the classes folder contains classes that I have defined. I include this
 directive in one of the classes [say ThisClass.php] in a folder [say
 folder1] to require a class in another folder [I have included the top level
 classes folder in the .htaccess file for the site]:

 require_once "../folder2/SomeClass.php";

 I get this error:

 *Warning*: main(../folder2/SomeClass.php): failed to open stream: No such
 file or directory in *C:\Program
 Files\xampp-php\xampp\htdocs\inside\classes\folder1\ThisClass.php* on line *
 3*

 *Fatal error*: main(): Failed opening required 'SomeClass.php'
 (include_path='.;C:/Program
 Files/xampp-php/xampp/htdocs/inside/classes/;../') in *C:\Program
 Files\xampp-php\xampp\htdocs\inside\classes\folder1\ ThisClass.php* on line
 *3*
 **
 However other classes inside the folder are found without any problems. It's
 when I have to traverse the folder structure to find the required files in
 other folder that I have these problems. I have trolled the net endlessly
 and all the mentions to this problem are related to software packages [such
 as cms and others]. These problems are quite easily solved by reinstalling
 th application but as is obvious i cannot simply do that. I need some help
 with this. Can you please help me out here?

 Thanks