RE: SQL Server 2005

I'd be interested.  I've used ADO when connecting through VB and C# but in PHP (which I'm relatively new at) I've always used the mssql_* functions.

Regards,

Bruce

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:17:07 -0800, Frank M. Kromann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is not correct.
>
> PDO and native mssql_*() functions exists in two fifferent versions. The
> version compiled with Microsofts (old) version of dblib has the
> restrictions mentioned here but the version compiled with FreeTDS
> (php_dblib.dll and php_pdo_dblib.dll) does not.
>
> - Frank
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recommend you use PDO and odbc to connect to MS SQL.  Other
> connection
>> methods have limitations with MS SQL including:
>>
>> 1.) varchars limited to 256
>> 2.) no support for extended characters
>>
>> Aspen

In general - unless you are connecting from something other than windows
is it most logical to use ADODB and COM to connection with SQL Server.

That is how I have done it for years and it ticks all the boxes, fast
reliable, flexible, supported, EASY.

If anyone is interested enough I am happy to post a description of how to
do it and the issues you might face on one of my blogs

Cheers

AJ

--
Cubical Land