Re: Problem getting PEAR going

Niel Archer wrote:
Hi all

Just spent a chunk of the afternoon setting up Apache 2.2 with PHP 5.2.0.
The basic configuration works just fine, but I cannot get PEAR to
install.  All I get is a series of:

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in
phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line X

The line number varies (268, 427, 429, 2334, 2338).
That is usually followed by:
'Could not get contents of package "". Invalid tgz file.'

It looks to me, as if the configuration file  has filenames missing, but
this is out of the 'box'.  Anyone have any ideas?

Niel

This is a known problem - the 5.2 windows zip official release does NOT contain the proper go-pear.phar file (the installer and source releases, however, do) - a quick google search would have given you the answer

http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/pearweb/public_html/go-pear.phar?view=co

Is the version you need - overwrite your current go-pear.phar and it should work fine - they really should rerelease it with the proper file or at least do an announcement on php.net