Re: PHP_PRINTER.DLL - NetBIOS prints, TCP/IP doesn't

You can use any shared printer as long as the server can access it without
the use of username and password. Make sure your server has access to the
printer (for the user running the web server).

That said - server side printing is designed to be server side. The
browser comes with a nice printer function and it can print on any client
side printers without any problems. Just format the content for printing
and call javascript:window.print(); There should not be a need for fancy
printer extension in order to print on a local printer.

- Frank

> Hi you all,
>
> I'm trying to print on clients printers. Now it works fine, but only
using
> NetBIOS clients names in a LAN.
>
> I mean that using the following sintax it does work fine
>
> $printer = "\\\\"."CLIENTNAME"."\\"."PRINTERNAME";
> $handle = printer_open($printer);
>
> but suppose that CLIENTNAME ip is 192.168.0.15, well if I try printing
using

> $printer = "\\\\"."192.168.0.15"."\\"."PRINTERNAME";
> $handle = printer_open($printer);
>
> doesn't work and if you look @ apache errors.log file you understand
that
> printer was not found.
>
> If printing "via tcp" is not possible... how do I print on a remote
site?

> I tried a VPN connection form CLIENTNAME and SERVER (ip 192.168.0.100)
using