Re: MSIE problems

Bob Stout wrote:

Although it works fine with Firefox, whenever I use a <select> object to open a PHP file in a frame, with an internal reference, it ignores the reference. IOW, if the link I want in the frame is "somefile.php", everything works OK. If, instead, the link I want in the frame is "somefile.php#here", it displays the file from the beginning, ignoring the reference to the <name="here"> tag.

Has anyone experienced this before and, if so, is there a work-around for it?

I should have added that it works just fine if the link is an HTML file. As in the example above, linking "somefile.htm#here" or "somefile.html#here" to a frame both work just fine. I also displayed the source that MSIE is seeing, and the reference appears correctly in the HTML. The problem apparently is that it doesn't recognize PHP files as a valid HTML file type.

--
Bob Stout <rbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> - The rules of life:
"Either lead, follow, or get out of the way."