Re: php and MS access memo fields

Hello,

on 09/05/2005 04:47 AM christian tischler said the following:
I have a very strange problem - please has someone seen this before?

I use php to connect to an access database and everything works fine. I have
one field in my database were the type is memo. I can use insert to add to
the database but can't use update to change it.
All other fields work no problem.

I am going crazy here - please help.

Does it have binary data or special characters that may need to be escaped? If so, that is probably your problem.

Escaping binary or special characters depends on the database you are using. You may want to take a look at Metabase which is a database abstraction independent of your RDBMS that among other things provides a single API to properly escape special characters.

I suppose you are using MS-Access via ODBC, right? Metabase comes with a driver class that supports Access.

http://www.phpclasses.org/metabase

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos