RE: Re: Perplexed - wont parse <?php ?> tags in html

There are some parameters in the httpd.conf file for apache that
designate which file types will be parsed for php code.  Here are the
ones on one of my servers;

--------------------------------------snip
----------------------------------
#
# AddType allows you to add to or override the MIME configuration
# file mime.types for specific file types.
#
AddType application/x-tar .tgz
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3	<--------------------
here
#
--

Notice that .html filetypes are not parsed by the php processor, at
least not in this implementation.

HTH,

Warren Vail