Re: AOL and myphpadmin

Patrick Roane wrote:
I've been developing a php/mysql application on 2
different windows xp systems w/no trouble at all. As
soon as I tried to use myphpadmin on a a system with
AOL installed, its like someone put the freeze on it.
I've never seen it load and execute simple quiries so
slow. I've never been a fan of AOL to begin with.

Has anyone else ever experienced this with AOL?

No, but I don't have AOL either.

There are a lot of things that could be causing slowdowns. The first thing to do is to run some type of benchmarking utility on the server machine (apache bench might be a good choice). If the server can handle page loads like what you'd expect then the next step is to test your bandwidth. Since it sounds like you only have two systems in your current test environment it might do you some good to see if you can borrow another friend's computer and it would be best if said friend had high-speed internet access.

If both of these tests pass with flying colors then come back to us.

--
NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2