Re: How to setup the mail server so that I can use mail() function

As a matter of fact, I have install XMail and try to use PHPMailer to send the email but it's always rejected by the mail server. The reason is relay failed. I have a webmail software that running on the same server call UebiMiau which uses PHPMailer to send email, and it works. The code that I use are as follows.

<?php
require("class.phpmailer.php");

   $mail = new PHPMailer();
   $mail->IsSMTP();
   $mail->IsHTML(false);
   $mail->Charset = "iso-8859-1";
   $mail->timezone = date("O");
   $mail->From = 'stooi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
   $mail->FromName = "ST Ooi";
   $mail->Host = "localhost";
   $mail->Port = 25;
   $mail->Hostname = "localhost";
   $mail->Subject = "Send mail from laser-compo.com";
   $mail->Body = stripslashes("Send mail trial");
   $mail->AddAddress('ooisootuck@xxxxxxxxx', 'Patrick Ooi');
   $mail->AddReplyTo('stooi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'ST Ooi');
   $mail->Send()
?>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ST Ooi

ST Ooi wrote:
Hi,

How can I setup my mail server so that I can use mail() function in PHP? I'm running WindowsXP Pro.

Thanks

ST Ooi