Re: PHP installation

Tom Patterson wrote:
I have installed PHP 5.0.4 on my desktop along with Apache 2.0.54.  They both seem to be working, as when I bring up the Apache Service Monitor, it shows "Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) PHP/5.0.4 mod_jk2/2.0.4.

However, when I try to test the PHP installation, by setting up a test.php file in the Apache htdocs folder, which contains <?php phpinfo(); ?> and click on the file to run it, it brings up a blank browser window.  The browser window just sits there, while the cursor shows busy, and flickers.  Nothing else happens, and I end up having to close the browser window to stop whatever is happening.

Probably I have some of the configeration wrong, but I don't know where to start looking for the problem.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
-Tom

if clicking on it means that you opened your browser at http://localhost/ than clicking test.php from the apache file list than you have a problem, but if you clicked on it from explorer/other file manager in win/linux than you should open http://localhost/test.php in your browser.

also there is a good apache-php-mysql combo package made by apachefriends.org which works on win/linux and has all the stuff preconfigured & working out-of-the-box.