RE: Custom 404 Error Messages in PHP

"No input file specified" is no message from your IIS. PHP return this
message when you try to parse a file which doesn't exist. You have to check
the box "Verify that file exists" on the dialog where you set up the entries
to parse a php file with php (website properties / application configuration
/ application extensions).

So when you try to call a non-existing script now you will get an error
message from the IIS.
On the "Custom Errors" tab of the properties page of your website is a list
with all error events and the files and paths they belong to.
C:\WINDOWS\help\iisHelp\common\404b.htm

Jens

> This is my first post to ANY newsgroup ever, so forgive me if
> I do anything wrong. I have a delemia, I would like to use a
> custom 404 error on my website to make it look more user
> friendly than "No input file specified"
> when the file on the server is not found or a link is broken.
> I am fairly new to PHP, so I am pretty hopeless. I am running
> a Win 2K3 server with PHP 4.xxx (can't remember the last
> digits) and My SQL all installed and functioning properly.
> Please help!

This actually has nothing to do with PHP but everything to do with your
webserver.

If you're running IIS, you can go to the properties of the website in
question and change it in there.

-M