Re: php.ini - cookies

Christian Tischler wrote:
> help again, please.
>
> I asume it is a problem with php.ini but cookies don't work for my website.
>
> can anyone tell me the right configuration or the php.ini to make cookies
> work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian

Cookies require two parts: the server and the browser.  Let's check your
browser.

Open up your web browser and see if there are stored exceptions for your
website (i.e. "allow", "deny", "allow for session only", "deny 3rd party
cookies").  If there is any rule there, delete it.

Next you need to check if your browser will automatically make cookie
choices for all web sites... again options here are probably "allow",
"deny", etc.  The best option is to disable all automatic choices (so
that you can see when / if the site is trying to set a cookie in your
browser).

Then browse to your web page (http://www.yoursite.com/page.php) and see
if it asks to store a cookie.  At this point if the browser doesn't ask
to set a cookie you can be pretty sure it's a server issue.  So go try
the above first and if this test fails then we'll try to help you with
your PHP problem.

This is a browser (*ahem* IE *ahem*) issue until proven otherwise... ;)

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2