Re: The Test.php program does not execute

GKE: are you using the CGI version of PHP for your server? Or more directly, which type of PHP executable are you trying to use?

There are *basically* 3 types
- CLI for the command line
- modules which are specialized versions for different server (ISAPI for IIS and so on)
- CGI which is the common gateway interface

Are you sure that you followed *all* of the instructions for your particular situation? Please reread the manual page for this; it helps you sort out most of the common problems.

You can also try running PHP from the command line and see if that works. Downloads aren't 100% reliable after all ;)

GkE wrote:
Cannot really tell what the restrictions are. Can anyone help me.

GKE

Luis wrote:

The error is not PHP related. The message comes from the http server.
Either you have restrictions on the directory, at OS level (I don't know
if you can do that with '98), or within the HTTP server.

Luis

GKE wrote:

-- Teach a person to fish...

Ask smart questions: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html