RE: AW: Word COM Object

Creating a new document in Word, inserting Page Breaks then saving it as a web page revealed that Word seems to use CSS tags to show the line breaks in HTML. The only odditiy I see is that when I load the HTML back into Word, mine is still set to "View -> Web Page Layout" or something (Word 2003) which doesn't show the page breaks (since you don't have page breaks in HTML) but if you set it to "View -> Normal" the page breaks are in there.

Anyway, generating HTML like the following should give you page breaks when loaded into Word:

<head>
<title>Test 1</title>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
~{margin:0in;
~margin-bottom:.0001pt;
~font-size:12.0pt;
~font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@page Section1
~{size:8.5in 11.0in;
~margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
~{page:Section1;}
-->
</head>

style='page-break-before:always'>

style='page-break-before:always'>

Really you probably just need this as the page break:

Not sure what "clear=all" does, but the "page-break-before" is standard CSS (CSS2 I believe) that's telling it to insert the page break before the <BR> tag (right? I think that's right).

Maybe that helps.. if not, post again   "Ask again later" - Magic 8 Ball  :)

-TG