The Test.php program does not execute

I have just joined the learning bandwagon of PHP. I am using Windows 98SE,
as such, I downloaded the Windows version of the PHP program 4.3.2-Win32
version. But after
installation (Manual), I still cannot get anything working.

Sometimes I get Access Denied ......something something FORCE REDIRECT and
sometimes the following error message.

HTTP Error 403
403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden

This error can be caused if you try to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other
executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be
executed.

What could I have done wrong? Need assistance

GKE