problem with domxml, sablotron setup

I?ve been checking through internet including this mailing list for an
answer and nothing has helped so far.  When I try to sablotron processor I
get "XML parser error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)".  When I run this
same script on my web-host service provider?s set up everything works fine.
It seems something is messed on my setup, something like sablotron processor
does not find expat parser.  When I test domxml I cannot even open the xml
file, and that also does not happen when I test the script on my web-host
service provider.

Could the problem be caused by apache 2 version?  I seem to have everything
else setup right.

Thanks for your input, your advice is most needed and appreciated.

The following is my set up.

Apache Version: Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) PHP/4.3.6
Server API:         Apache 2.0 Handler
Server Root:        C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2
extension_dir:     c:\php\extensions
document_root:   C:/public_html