Re: Re: Making includes easy.... Am I a 'tard?

Patrick Roane wrote:
The inludes folder is thrown around as more of a
generic term for a directory that includes important
files. Is this a pretty good definition for the
purpose of an 'includes' folder?

Sure, that's a fine definition. And the setup that I proposed isn't the only way to do it, but the basic idea is this: if you have a common file that gets included with every script then you can use the directory where this file is located as your "home" directory.

Also, I've seen the following syntax before: (__FILE__). Why the underscores?

thanks-

__FILE__ is a "magic" constant. There are several "magic" constants:

See the user-contributed notes on this page:
http://php.net/manual/en/language.constants

and see also this page:
http://php.net/manual/en/language.constants.predefined.php

-- Teach a person to fish...