RE: PHP cgi

U can find this in the install.txt file under the php root dir

I have always used php as a module never CGI an have never had problems under 98SE or XP Pro

Installing as an Apache module

  You need to insert these two lines to your Apache httpd.conf
  configuration file to set up the PHP module for Apache 2.0:

  Example 2-6. PHP and Apache 2.0 as Module
# For PHP 4 do something like this:
LoadModule php4_module "c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# For PHP 5 do something like this:
LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "C:/php"

    Note: Remember to substitute the c:/php/ for your actual path to
    PHP in the above examples. Take care to use either php4apache2.dll
    or php5apache2.dll in your LoadModule directive and not
    php4apache.dll or php5apache.dll as the latter ones are designed to
    run with Apache 1.3.x.

  Warning

  Don't mix up your installation with DLL files from different PHP
  versions. You have the only choice to use the DLL's and extensions
  that ship with your downloaded PHP version.

Dean "The Insane Guy" Hayes

<-- I design and i redesign but still i never designed true beauty like you -->

~~~ Call me Insane call me Crazy but there is one thing i know i am That is someone that shall reach peoples hearts with words ~~~

~~ PHP seems easy enough but what about this ASP now that looks hard ~~

From: blulagoon <blulagoon@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: PHP cgi Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:01:40 +0000

I'm looking at an open source content management system which is PHP
based, but I'm having problems installing it. It has been suggested,
that the problem is solved by "switching PHP from the cgi mode to
Apache2 module" but I have no idea how to do this or what the
ramifications might be for all the other scripts I run. I've tried
searching through the manual at php.net for cgi, but haven't turned
anything useful up.

I guess it is a setting somewhere, but I couldn't find anything within
my php.ini file. I'm running PHP 4.3.10 and Apache2 on a Windows XP box.