Re: newbie: a very simple question (I hope)

Patrick Roane wrote:

I am trying some excercises in a book and one of the
excercises says to:

Assign values to two variables. Use comparison
operators to test whether the first value is:

1. the same as the second

2. less than the second

3. Print the result of each test to the browser.

My question is, how do I print the result? For
example, say I use the following expression:

$x = 3;
++$x < 4; // false
print $x;

I know how to print out the value of $x, but not the
test result of 'true or false'.

$x = 3; $result = ++$x < 4; // false var_dump($result);

Janet

Thanks-

=====

"forget your lust for the rich man's gold. All that you need, is in your soul. You can do this if you try. All that I want for you my son, is to be satisfied"

  ~ Lynard Skynard

--
Janet Valade -- janet.valade.com