Re: bar graph gd

"Jm" <jamie.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:20041213141127.40976.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi guys:
> I'm using php5 on winxp with IIS. I'm trying to run a simple bar graph
> demo found it on phpbuilder site. When I run it I get nothing but an x in
> the top left corner of my web page(no errors nothing).

Are you sure there aren't any errors?  Check the error log file that php
creates. (See settings in php.ini.)  I often find errors in there that I
never even saw evidence of in the browser.

> GD is uncommented in my php.ini, ext dir set and I have verified that GD
> is installed through php -m,phpinfo() , and gd_info(). Can anyone offer me
> some advice on how to troubleshoot this problem.
> I searched google, and did see other posts like mine but no solutions. Any
> thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Other than that, you might try changing your error reporting level and your
default error handler.

See
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php
for an example on how to set another error handler.
Then you can output (to file) your own messages. (Remember, outputting to
stdout won't do any good, because it's all being treated as an image.)

  -- Rob