RE: Difference between Installer and ZIP?

I like the manual install too.  Plus, if the installer only contains the
CGI, then what happens if you end up wanting to write command line PHP
stuff?   I'm assuming the CGI version requires integration with a web
server to function.  Just some extra overhead and totally unnecessary if
you're just doing command line or WinBinder or GTK type stuff.

If anyone needs a really bare minimum PHP (which I wouldn't recommend
for someone just starting out), there's a link off of WinBinder's
download site to a minimal PHP distribution.  I think it was only like
600kb for PHP4.

http://winbinder.sourceforge.net/download.php

-TG