Re: PHP, Classes, and PEAR

Hello,

On 11/19/2004 01:31 AM, Mikea wrote:
WinXP Pro SP1
PHP 4.3.9

I am still learning PHP so please be gentle with me! LOL

I am trying to send mail from my PC.  For some reason it is not working.
The line is

mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message);

There is no error or failure but the email is never sent.

I also found a Mail class that extends Mail as a PEAR (extends) class.  I
tried that but could not get it to work either.  It keep saying that it
could not find the class.

 Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: mail_mail

I did the PEAR_ENV.reg so it is in the registry.  So my questions is how do
I get PHP to find the PEAR classes?  And how do I get mail to work?

I think you are a little confused. There is no such thing as a class that extends the mail() function because classes only extend other classes, not functions.

Anyway, without more details about your PHP environment (OS, php.ini mail options) it is hard to tell what is the problem.

You may want to try this class that provides several workarounds to common problems of using the mail() function and let me know if it still does not work for you:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos