Re: Apache

> Dear All,
>
> When I add 'LoadModule php4_module C:/PHP/sapi/php4apache2.dll' to my
> Apache httpd.conf it does not want to start-up in XP. When I run it
> without it it starts up. Do I need this to execute php?
>
> Apache 2.0.5
> PHP4

My httpd.conf says...

(actually, it's in my php.conf file, that is INCLUDED into my httpd.conf
file)

php.conf:
   # Win 32 settings
   LoadFile "/etc/php/php4ts.dll"
   LoadFile "/etc/php/extensions/gnu_gettext.dll"

   LoadModule php4_module "/etc/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"

   # Generic settings
   Action application/x-httpd-php "/etc/php/php.exe"

   ScriptAlias /php/ "/etc/php/"

   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

BTW: Yes, I'm on Windows, 2k3 server in fact.
     No, Volume letters are NOT needed, if everything
         lives on the same volume.
     Yes, this is the EXACT copy on my PC and on my Linux.
     OK, OK, linux has...
         # Linux setting
         LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
     The proper line is commented out on the proper system.

Since yours and mine (in essence) match, maybe your DLL is corrupt.

Try pulling out another and try again.

Walter

PS: If you have to do dev on both Windows and Linux, check out my
    install Windows process to make your life easier.

      http://web.torres.ws/walters_way