Re: Apache, PHP4, MySQL installation

Jeroen wrote:

Hello,

I installed Apache 2.0.52 en PHP4.3.9 on a Windows XP SP2 machine.
Everything runs fine.
I also installed MySQL 4.1 and it also runs fine.

However when I try to connect to a exisiting database from within a PHP script it fails.

I followed several installation tutorials on the net but nu success sofar.

If you received the error "Call to undefined function" when trying to use a mysql function in your PHP script, it probably means that your MySQL support is not enabled. To enable MySQL support, you need to:

1) Activate the extension. Find the line

extension=php_mysql.dll

in your php.ini file. If there is a ; in front of the line, remove it.

2) PHP needs to be able to find two files for MySQL support: php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll. The simplest, if not most elegant, way to be sure PHP can find these files is to copy them into your system32 directory.

Janet

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jeroen