Problems installing PHP on IIS 6?

Hi All,

I'm having problems getting PHP 4.3.9 working in either ISAPI or CGI mode
with IIS 6.0. I've consulted various 'how to install PHP with IIS' pages and
followed what instructions I've found, but without any luck.

My current attempt it to get CGI working.

In my various attempts to get this working I have:

-          copied php4ts.dll to \windows\system32

-          copied php.ini to \windows

-          edited php.ini to set cgi.force_redirect = 0

-          assigned both my administrator and anonymous internet users full
rights to php.exe

-          confirmed that when I'm attempting to run a php script that it is
in the root of the site and should be available

-          stopped and restarted the IIS service at each step to make sure
that changes are enabled

No matter what I do, the server doesn't appear to want to recognize php
files. It will serve .htm and .asp files without any problems, but gives me
a 'The page cannot be found' (404) error whenever I try to run a php file
through the browser. PHP -I in a command browser returns the phpinfo values
as expected.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm somewhat at the end of my rope here. Truly,
any help appreciated.

Much warmth,

Murray

 <http://www.planetthoughtful.org/> http://www.planetthoughtful.org