PHP 4, IIS cookie problems with non-standard port.

I have PHP 4, with IIS.

The server also has First Class (mail server with it's own web server)
running that must sit on port 80, so IIS is sitting on port 803.  PHP seems
to be working fine, but I have an online auction software that I've
installed that is having a problem setting a cookie which I believe is used
for log-in status.  I'd limit IIS to a separate IP address, but that won't
work because First Class will sit on all IP's, and all interfaces.  So that
my users don't have to worry about a non-standard port, I set my proxy
server to look for a specific name (auction.domain.name) on port 80, and
redirect the traffic to port 803 on my IIS server(domain.name:803).  With
that in mind however, I'm also testing using domain.name:803 for testing.

It looks like the author of the auction software is using standard php
variables for setting up the cookie, so I'm wondering if I can fool php to
think that it's sitting on port 80 since that's what the browser will see.

Now I used to be a programmer at one time, but I don't know anything about
php.  I'm wondering if set-cookie with a variable HTTP_HOST may be where the
problem is.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
David