Help on choosing Scripts

Good evening,
Let me explain my problem. See i have few php experience, i do use includes and other cool PHP features and can find programing and mistype errors rapidly. Unfortunently, i work alot and don't currently have the time to continu some tutorials I wanted to finish.

As of now, I am responsible of a webpage, which was in rustic html that i took over not too long ago. I've developped it with a phpbb forum and some php functions to make the loading faster. But since its a fan club page, i would like to include a User_Friendly script just like phpbb, to manage members, and that they could have their profile with a limit of 5 pictures with a descriptions of their cars. I've been looking around and there seems to be alot of "Groupware scripts" on the web available to people who would like to pay or manage their staff at work. But im only looking for something like a PHPBB Forum, unique usernames, controlled users (which i would like to be able to acknowledge their applications) and some profiles with picture galleries.

So i was wondering, why not ask the pro's opinions. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance...