RE: using the mail function in php

Yeah, let's keep the aggravation off the list.  There are tons of new
people joining every day and there's bound to be a lot of repeat
questions, even if it's been discussed 1000 times before.   If you feel
that your comments are falling on deaf ears and nobody's listening to
your advice, then maybe you should take a break, sit back and just read
for a while instead of responding in frustration.

Maybe you were just having a bad day.. It's cool.  We all do sometimes.
But driving new users away because they got yelled at for asking a
common question shouldn't be the goal of this group and keeping an even
temperment is always appreciated when asking questions or responding to
those who ask for help.

I'm not trying to start a war, just giving something to think about.

As for the slashes..  If I remember right, The slashes are added during
the POST process automatically.   I never up to find out where in the
process (whether it's PHP when receiving POST data, or whether it's the
web browser or server that does it), but I believe it's specific to POST
data.

It's a common issue, I've falling prey to it myself as well as most of
the other common issues because I just plowed right into the code and
noticed when something didn't work quite right.

Nobody knows everything and nobody succeeds in never making a mistake
with things like this.  The important thing is knowing how to look for
the solution and if you can't find it yourself, and have made an honest
effort, asking politely on the mailing list(s) for help by someone who
may have fallen into the same trap and discovered a way out.  Communal
knowledge.

Peace.

-TG