Re: Unable to load php_mysql.dll

Nadim Attari wrote:

Hello,

I've installed PHP Version 5.0.0 (windows installer downloaded from php.net)
on Windows 2000 SP4. All works fine!
The configuration is as follows:

     System  Windows NT XXXXX 5.0 build 2195
     Build Date  Jul 13 2004 21:34:42
     Configure Command  cscript /nologo configure.js
"--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"
     Server API  CGI/FastCGI
     Virtual Directory Support  enabled
     Configuration File (php.ini) Path  C:\WINNT\php.ini
     PHP API  20031224
     PHP Extension  20040412
     Zend Extension  220040412
     Debug Build  no
     Thread Safety  enabled
     IPv6 Support  enabled
     Registered PHP Streams  php, file, http, ftp, compress.zlib
     Registered Stream Socket Transports  tcp, udp

Then i've uncommented the line "extension=php_mysql.dll" and set extension_dir = ".\ext"; I copied the unpacked "php_mysql.dll" file (again downloaded the binaries from php.net) into "ext" folder in PHP

Now i get the following:
"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'.\ext\php_mysql.dll' - Le module spécifié est introuvable. in Unknown on
line 0"

Note that i've set
- cgi.force_redirect = 0;
- fastcgi.impersonate = 1;

Still the same problem. Any help please.

Nadim Attari
Alienworkers.com

I don't think that relative path is pointing to where you think it is (if it's pointing anywhere at all). Try setting the extension_dir to the full pathname of the ext dir. (like extension_dir = "C:\PHP\ext\" ) .

Chris