Re: Need help with PHP -> Mail -> SMTP -> Windows Exchange

Hello,

On 07/31/2004 11:37 AM, Andrew English wrote:
I am trying to get my web page ready for uploading when I ran into a snag.
The person who supplied me with the php code for the contact page gave me
the send mail code. I am wondering if anyone can help me out with converting
the code so I can sent it via SMTP Auth?

This code has several problems that would make it choke with some servers.

I suggest that you would not re-invent the wheel and use popular components like this class for composing and sending messages. Even if you do not want to send complex messages and do not want to change your code much, you can use a class wrapper function named smtp_mail() that works exactly like the mail() function, except that it always sends messages via SMTP and lets you configure authentication credentials.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

You also need this other class for the actual delivery:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos