Re: PHP HTML Parser

"Practically speaking, I worry about things like sessions, SSL,
supplying
that POST and GET data, etc."
CURL should be able to handle all of that with ease, with the exception of cookies, which shouldn't be much of a problem to implement yourself.
JP
php-windows-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello All,I'm doing a little research. I need to pull some dynamic content offsome sites that don't offer XML data of RSS. So I can't go about it thatway.I'm wondering, from a theoretical sense, it is possible to write a phpapplication that could log into site, supply the necessary postinformation (i.e. search criteria, etc.), and then parse the results?I'd be going to the same site and I could somewhat depend on format.It's just that the site admin isn't interested at this point indeveloping an XML app I could tap. Practically speaking, I worry about things like sessions, SSL, supplyingthat POST and GET data, etc. Has anyone ever done anything like this?I've seen some static page and URL parsing on the list, but I'm talkingabout something a bit larger (almost like a PHP based web browserthingy...) I'm just looking at possible solutions now, any ideas? Anyresources would be great, I really don't mind reading other people'sexperiences...Thanks,-Flint

--
Please fill in my Business Questionnaire at http://www.businessq.tk

--
Pupil at Haybridge High School http://www.haybridge.worcs.sch.uk