Re: GTK - why not?

hi dude!

the reason behind php- gtk not being web based is because GTK was primarily
created as a toolkit for creating GUI apps on Unixes / Linuxes / Etc.
running the X window system. that means GTK is a client technology, not a
server technology.

i hope i satisfied your question.

peace!

O.J.

"Cbq - Gmx.At" <bq777@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> hi @ all
>
> quick question:
>
> ready?
>
> here it is!
>
> WHY IS PHP - GTK not webbased?
>

> sorry, may i am wrong, but i am looking for someone, who is responsable
for GTK.
> cz, some programmers (including myself) thinking loud about, what could be
the reason why PHP-GTK is not webbased.

> that would be high-end applications.
>
> + u have nothing to install.
> + all is accessable over the internet and
> + just call it, like page over an http link
> + and the source would be still php.
>
> so here is the main question:
>
> Why not?
>
> Would it be maybe a option in the future, if yes, WHEN ?
>
> thx to everybody, who could send me a little personal feedback and/or
telling me please, over who i could get some more informations.