RE: check boxes... set the VALUE or just echo CHECKED????

For HTML form elements that can be checked or selected or whatever, I
like to do something like this:

 if ($conditionistru) { $checked = " CHECKED" } else { $checked = ""; }
 echo "<input type=\"radio\" name=\"search\"
value=\"something\"$checked>";

If I was doing this for a combo/option box, I'd have a list of the
options in an array, use a "foreach" to create the <option> entries and
check the value from the array against the currently used value and
assign $checked = " CHECKED" if they match.  This way, the previously
selected option is always auto-selected in your web form.

Part of the reason I put the space inside the quotes with the CHECKED is
so the HTML that's output is nice and clean.  Nothing like seeing a
blank space and wondering what got omitted.

I don't know if that's the proper way.. But I don't see anything wrong
with it stylistically and it works for me.. And seems to qualify for
'easy' in my book.

-TG