PDF tip

Hi,

I thought I'd share somthing I found: iText.

I had a need to join some PDFs together using php. My local Java gurus
pointed me towards iText (http://www.lowagie.com/iText/).

I haven't been able to fully integrate it with PHP but  so far, I can loop
thru the the list files I want to join (usually a bunch of image PDFs and
their front covers, which are generated according to who is buying them),
producing a windows batch file which I simply double-click and hey presto,
the work gets done. I also have the files being encrypted to prevent the
cover being removed, though not interfering with copying and printing.

The clincher to full integration for me would be getting PHP's exec() or
passthru() to work on running the java command or even the batch file.

George in Oxford