RE: ASP to PHP converter?

Yeah, I was going to say that there are a ton of ASP -> PHP converters
on http://www.guru.com and probably http://www.codelance.com too, but
they're not free.

The problem with converters is:

If it's a small project
Upside to conversion - you have some idea if it converted it reliably
Downside to conversion - it's small enough to probably convert it
yourself manually

If it's a large project:
Upside - It saves you a lot of time manually converting
Downside - The chance of something being misconverted increases with
each line of code.  I wouldn't trust a universal converter with a large
project.  Then again, there's probably solutions out there that cost
$500-$1000+ that might do it reliably, free ones are hit or miss

And there are some things that just aren't going to convert over
directly, you might need to get some addons for PHP to simulate the same
functionality as you had on ASP.

For me, I think it's just better to do it by hand.  Either convert or
figure out what the ASP does and just re-write it in PHP.

Or maybe slowly  migrate components of the ASP into PHP...   Maybe run
PHP on IIS and have PHP pages calling ASP page and vice version and
slowly phase out the ASP by replacing pieces of it a little at a time.

Just some thoughts.

-TG