Re: Arrrrrrrrrrrg. Session management expert needed.

Hello Ross,

First of all, do you have a firewall on your test server? If you do, beware that some
firewalls (e.g. ZoneAlarm 4) play havoc with session data. Disable the firewall (if you can)
and, presto, your sessions start working as expected. Of course then your machine will be
exposed, but that's another problem...

One other thing: do you realize that, under normal circumstances, each and every time a
user closes all browser windows on his computer and starts up the browser again a new
session is started on the server? This basically means that if one of your users for some
weird reason closes his browser (or if his browser crashes, which happens all the time
with IE), then starts it again and goes back to your site, a new session will have been
started.

Hope this helps,

Erik