IIS5, ISAPI PHP Slow load after timeout

I have Win2000 Server, PHP4 installed with ISAPI module.
Output_buffer is ON
php4isapi is in the c:\php directory
php4ts.dll is in the system32 directory.
All works OK especially when traffic is high to the site.
But when traffic is low and I assume a timeout expires, it appears to me
that php4ts.dll is unloaded and only reloads when another page is hit. Then
it remains until I leave the site inactive for a period. Then after hitting
the site a few times, pages are delivered quite fast again.
Is there a way of forcing php4ts.dll to remain loaded? if this is in fact
the problem. I know php4isapi.dll remains loaded because I can't rename it
while the application is loaded but I can rename php4ts.dll after a period
of idle activity, so it doesn't remain loaded.
Anyone try adding it to the application list?
Alan