RE: updating from xls -> [filter] -> mysql

You might try putting a "UserControl = False" in there.  The application should automatically end when it's called from COM (unless "UserControl = True") is set.  But you could also try making sure to explicity "Quit()" the the application too.    If you interrupted the script in the middle of running, it might leave the application running if UserControl is TRUE or it for some reason assumes that it's TRUE (something wrong with the "COM call = UserControl = FALSE" mechanism or something).

Just some thoughts.

-TG