RE: Windows speed issue

Is the web server (IIS) giving you a timeout or is PHP?   If it's PHP,
you can change your max execution time with "set_time_limit" or I
believe you can change it in your PHP.INI

If it's IIS, then I'm very familiar with the error. Hah.   I work doing
data analysis and sometimes we deal with very large sets of data.  I
think our IIS servers timeout after 10 minutes or so (CGI Timeout..blah
blah.. Script terminated).

Indexing should definitely help on the database side.

I don't see anything major with your script below (quick glance) except
for the fact that you don't have a beginning or ending <TABLE> tag.  But
if all the data is sent, then IE is usually smart enough to make up for
a coding faux pas like that.

It's very odd that it runs fast on the server but times out on other
systems unless the other systems are significantly lesser machines than
the server.  If it's a large table being sent, it can take a while to
render the table on the client side.

I guess what I'd do at this point is to try breaking it up a little.
Toss a WHERE clause in there and limit your recordset.  Put some breaks
in the middle of the code to see if there's a certain segment of it
that's causing issues (You could try installing Zend Studio client and
server component and seeing if it's Profiler can show you were the
bottleneck is.. It's pretty slick. http://www.zend.com  free trial on
the client and server).

Good luck though..  It's going to end up being something silly that
you're going to kick yourself for.. Hah..

-TG