Re: Re: Windows vs. Unix - script incompatibilities?

Sonia Desbiens wrote:
Hi Nicki

I should asked what trouble you were having, I did test the script and found
many $variables are not defined. I also found that the script will not run
if....

register_globals = Off

If register_globals is 'on' it will work just fine. I am going to fix the
script so that it will run with register_globals 'off' and also fix all
those errors, I will post a link to the updated script in a hour or so! When
I post it give it a try and see if it will then work!

If the problem is that the script needs register_globals = on, yo can have the same behaivor writting the followinc code at the top of your script:

if (!ini_get("register_globals")) {
	import_request_variables('GPC');
}

the function import_request_variables is available since PHP 4.1.0
More information at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.import-request-variables.php

Hope this helps,
Jordi.