Re: Can't set a cookie from within my SOAP server class

Noah Lively wrote:

Hi all,

I have a class that I'm using with a SOAP server.  Inside of a function in
this class, I am trying to set a cookie, but have been unsuccessful so far.
I'm using PHP5 RC2 on Windows XP.  Cookies set fine on my server in other
places, such as classes (that aren't used for a SOAP server) and standalone
PHP scripts.

Any ideas?

~Noah

Well, I wouldn't think cookies would work as SOAP isn't supposed to work stateful. Assuming you're using a web server for the SOAP server (you can use sockets and such for it as well), each request is its own trhing. There generally isn't any kind of continuity between calls. I doubt that it's supported by anyone. I'd suggest adding a parameter to whatever call you're making and keeping track of it yourself on the client side.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>