no value for upload_tmp_dir...

Sorry if this kind of an easy but can someone advise me on how to add a
value for upload_tmp_dir? I have php4.3.4 installed on a w2k3 server
running postnuke and mysql5. I notice in phpinfo.php that upload_tmp_dir
says no value even though the directory is defined in the php.ini file.
This is preventing me from adding images via the Gallery app so I'm
wondering if anyone could advise on how to resolve this.

Thanks