RE: Is this possible

That's sort of what I thought you were getting at George.

How's this scenario work for you:

1. User pulls up initial screen, either showing all data or no data at
all
	---  SELECT recordid,projectid,title,genre,author,whatever FROM
sometable
2. User enters parameters for recordset (ie. All records after January
1st, All records matching a certain ID # or other criteria).  This
returns your recordset which is a subset of everything you have in the
database (say 5 out of 100 records all with something in common)
	---  SELECT recordid,projectid,title,genre,author,whatever FROM
sometable WHERE readytodeliver = 'Yes'
3. User changes or sets the item "Delivery Date: 5/4/04" for instance
and clicks the "Submit" button.  If you ALWAYS want to change this item
in everything in the recordset you're viewing, then pass the parameters
for the recordset along with the changed data.
	---  UPDATE sometable SET deliverydate = '$formdeliverydate'
WHERE readytodeliver = 'Yes'

Of course adapting to use mysql functions in PHP and/or whatever the
proper syntax is for your database system (forgive me, I work with
Oracle and SQL Server and use the ADODB functions so I usually deal in
straight SQL instead of PHP built-in database functions).

I know you said it gets a little more complicated, but whatever your
"WHERE" criteria are, you should be able to pass back along with the
DeliveryDate data even if you have to hide the WHERE criteria in a
hidden form field or a SESSION variable.  Essentially this ends up
saying "That data I just requested and looked at.. Change this field all
to the same thing I just entered".

Am I missing something or is this what you were looking for?

-TG