problem compiling GD2 extension

Hello,

I'm using Windows XP, Visual Studio .NET 2003.

I've compiled PHP and misc other extensions fine. I need to compile a debug GD2 extension to try to catch bug #28084 (http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=28084) in the debugger.

However, I can not get the GD2 extension to link properly. I've got libjpeg and freetype2 compiled. I've worked out all the include paths so that the GD project can now find them. But when linking, I get this:

gd error LNK2005: _deflate_copyright already defined in libpng.lib(deflate.obj)
gd warning LNK4006: _deflate_copyright already defined in libpng.lib(deflate.obj); second definition ignored
gd warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBC' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
gd warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
gd fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

anybody have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks!

-dietrich