MCrypt Windows Problems

Hi,

Running Windows XP, using PHP Triad 2.2(Apache(1.3.23), MySQL(3.23.48) and
PHP(4.1.1)).

Been trying to install the MCrypt library and get it to work. I have tried
the php manual and several other sources of help but cannot get it to
work.

I have downloaded the libmcrypt.dll and php_mcrypt.dll and also
uncommented the extension in the php.ini file. I have placed the
php_mcrypt.dll in the correct place, but am unsure where the libmcrypt.dll
is to be placed.

Also, once you do get it running, is there any way to test you have got
MCrypt installed correctly?

Many thanks,
Jack Carter.